Episode #22: Musical Influences from the 80s
This week, I experimented with playing music in the background while recording this episode in music that influenced the writing of The Thirteenth Hour. The sound quality leaves something to be desired, but I only played a few short clips anyway. I may experiment with ways to make the sound quality better in the future but clearly opted for the low-tech option today 🙂
So … here’s youtube links to the full songs discussed so you can hear (and see) them in all their 80s big hair glory:
–(Alphaville) Forever Young (courtesy of Atlantic Records at the time)
–(When in Rome) The Promise (courtesy of EMI Records). This is the song I pictured as Logan flew on Lightning:
–(Van Halen) When it’s Love (courtesy of Warner Bros at the time). This is song I had in mind for these scenes in the book:
The theme song to The Thirteenth Hour, heard in the intro and outro of the podcast and influenced by these kinds of 80s songs, is found on the audio page, as is “I’ll Fly Away”.
More details on these and other musical influences come from this original post:
As always, thanks for listening!
- Help support #TheThirteenthHour in its 3rd edition launch on Thunderclap! Click on https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/34718-thethirteenthhour-book-launch?locale=en
- The 3rd edition of The Thirteenth Hour will be officially launched on 1/13/16, on its one year anniversary.
- Signup for the mailing list!
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in a free Kindle copy of The Thirteenth Hour? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
One thought on “The Thirteenth Hour Podcast #22: 80s Music! (Alphaville, When in Rome, Van Halen)”