Episode #38: Knife Throwing
Today’s episode is all about throwing knives and other pointy things, like screwdrivers. It refers to a few past posts:
-A section of The The Thirteenth Hour where the main character, Logan, finds a pocketknife and contemplates fleetingly whether it would make a good throwing knife as well as the ending fight, where he lobs a large sword.
-A previous post that discusses no-spin knife throwing, inspired by Ralph Thorn’s teachings. The post step-by-step how to perform the technique. Includes many links to references as well as a few video clips, like this one, where I’m throwing a screwdriver and a large cut-down nail:
That post also formed the basis for the short how-to article for The Backwoodsman magazine, a bi-monthly outdoor publication (where to get it). The article came out in the most recent (May/June) issue, and you can see a picture of part of the article on this past Thursday’s instagram posting. I didn’t realize this when I recorded this episode, but the magazine is also available in digital format as well. I encourage you to see if you can find the article through the magazine to support the folks that put it together (plus, there are lots of other great DIY articles). But I know not everyone will be able to find a copy. So … mailing list subscribers can get a .pdf of the article I originally submitted to the magazine, so check out the link below to join if you haven’t already if you’re interested.
In other news, The Thirteenth Hour soundtrack has a new song! “Song of an Unsung Hero” (which takes its name from a poem in the novel, The Thirteenth Hour), has lyrics here and was released on Friday. You can find more tracks on bandcamp plus previews and discussion of music and movies that inspired the soundtrack on Instagram @the13thhr.ost.
Thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast and a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s instagram pages: @the13thhr and @the13thhr.ost for your daily weekday dose of ninjas, martial arts bits, archery, flips, breakdancing action figures, fantasy art, 80s music, movies, and occasional pictures or songs from The Thirteenth Hour books.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!
2 thoughts on “The Thirteenth Hour Podcast #38: Knife Throwing”