Episode #43: Author and Illustrator Missy Sheldrake Interview – Digital Art, Fairies, Fantasy Writing, and a Hidden Benefit to Video Gaming
In this week’s episode, fantasy author Missy Sheldrake joins the show, so fairy tale fans, authors, and illustrators sit back, relax, and enjoy the one hour plus show! Missy is unique in that she’s one of the few authors out there who also creates her own covers (see them below) and illustrates her novels.
You’ll find out more in the podcast, but early elements of the series actually came from this game:
(Missy definitely got her money’s worth out of this game, since she got not only a book series from it but a husband and a job – who says playing video games doesn’t pay??? 🙂
Her creations aren’t just 2D – some are sculptures. Check out her page for a gallery of hand-crafted fairies.
Check out some of her books featuring the fairy world she created below:
Books 1 and 2 in the series (click on the covers to go to the Amazon pages).
You can download this short story (which takes place after book 2) for free on Amazon.
Book 3 is coming this month – click on the image above to check out the pre-order page on Amazon.
Thanks again, Missy, for coming on the show, and good luck with the new release! Learn more about her work below:
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast and a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s instagram pages: @the13thhr and @the13thhr.ost for your daily weekday dose of ninjas, martial arts bits, archery, flips, breakdancing action figures, fantasy art, 80s music, movies, and occasional pictures or songs from The Thirteenth Hour books.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!