Episode #45: Lightning the Magical Hoverboard from The Thirteenth Hour
Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) riding a hoverboard in Back to the Future 2. Clicking on the picture links back to its source page, which is about how Lexus is supposedly designing a real life hoverboard that we can only hope is a piece of valid journalism. Anything less would be a cruel joke, people!
The Silver Surfer on his surfboard, courtesy of Marvel and this image’s host site
George Jetson’s collapsible car
The intro to Talespin, which had a character with a collapsible gliding jetski
Lightning from The Thirteenth Hour
An animated .gif of Lightning collapsing into a portable package.
Logan riding on Lightning.
Lightning’s invisible airshield to protect her rider can be glimpsed here at her nose, where you can see the air currents.
Lightning can expand to fit another passenger.
As shown in the picture above and faintly here, when Lightning flies, a rainbow of exhaust is emitted.
Lightning all folded up (#1 in this picture of Logan’s everyday carry)
Starving Artist Section: where I talk about making a few bucks on the internets! This week’s app is Receipthog, which pays you (via Paypal or Amazon gift cards, albeit very slowly) to take pictures of your receipts, which generates points you can eventually cash in. Learn more here.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast and a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s instagram pages: @the13thhr and @the13thhr.ost for your daily weekday dose of ninjas, martial arts bits, archery, flips, breakdancing action figures, fantasy art, 80s music, movies, and occasional pictures or songs from The Thirteenth Hour books.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!