Episode #51: “Love, Grey Dresses, and Other Things” – a Thirteenth Hour Piano Ballad
For this week’s episode, I’ve included snippets from upcoming Thirteenth Hour soundtrack tracks. I recently wrote an untitled piano theme that I was thinking would become an introspective musical track on the soundtrack. There’s a preview of it in its infancy on Instagram. Then, about two weeks ago, I toyed with the idea of turning it into a ballad with words. Once I got to thinking about it, lyrics came to me in the span of a few minutes and became the song featured in this episode, which I finally titled, “Love, Grey Dresses, and Other Things.” There’s a a snippet of the final instrumental version and a live performance on the piano included as well.
Still haven’t transcribed the lyrics onto the computer. The most I had at the time when the muse hit were a few pieces of scrap paper, so that’s what this “final” version is written on.
The song is written from the perspective of Logan, the main character of The Thirteenth Hour, as he realizes that the friendship he with Aurora, his childhood friend, has changed for both him and her.
Final versions of this song, both in instrumental and lyrical versions, can be found in the near future on the Bandcamp soundtrack page.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast and a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s instagram pages: @the13thhr and @the13thhr.ost for your daily weekday dose of ninjas, martial arts bits, archery, flips, breakdancing action figures, fantasy art, 80s music, movies, and occasional pictures or songs from The Thirteenth Hour books.
- Free online streaming of the growing Thirteenth Hour soundtrack: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!