Episode #76: Rewatching the Film Krull
After recently finding the comic book adaptation of the early 80s movie Krull, I decided to rewatch it. My reflections are in this week’s show, so here a few pages of the Marvel comic:
The band of heroes in our story square off against the Slayers.
There are a number of cool things that this film introduces … that unfortunately get too little screen time, like the fact that the princess can generate fire in her hand:
It comes back towards the end of the film:
This is when the hero finds his cool five bladed boomerang/shuriken:
Unfortunately this is about all the screen time it gets. The comic condenses it.
Enter Rell the cyclops and Ergo the Magnificent, the bumbling wizard.
Remember these shows?
One of the cool things about reading old comic books is looking at the old ads, these these:
I remember this ad and thinking this game looking like the bees’ knees (even though I’m sure the graphics were horrendous).
Happy New Year, and thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s instagram pages: @the13thhr firstname.lastname@example.org for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art, 80s music, movies, and pictures or songs from The Thirteenth Hour books.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!