Episode #81: Reading The Windchild by Cheryl Harness – an Original Fairy Tale
This week, my daughter and I are reading The Windchild, an original fairy tale written and illustrated by Cheryl Harness, mostly known for having written and illustrated children’s books about aspects of US history (more info on her website). This one is a bit difficult to find, but the illustrations are wonderful:
In an early draft of The Thirteenth Hour, I had a number of little quotes and poems that often proceeded the chapters. This poem by Christina Rossetti was one of them:
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s instagram pages: @the13thhr email@example.com for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art, 80s music, movies, and pictures or songs from The Thirteenth Hour books.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!