Episode #83: How to Throw Business Cards
Today, we’re talking about throwing business cards, a companion to last week’s episode on throwing playing cards. Throwing business cards, which are lighter and more rectangular, are more challenging. There are some tips in this episode.
You can use the same hand position as for throwing playing cards, like we talked about last week.
The power all comes from the wrist curl and release to make the card spin. It’s just harder to achieve that given their shape and weight.
A more unorthodox way to throw business cards involves folding them in half. Even if the corners are bend down to secure it, they are much easier to throw since all side are symmetrical.
It’s like throwing a shuriken (almost).
If you’d like a systematic, self contained kit to learn how to throw cards, check out the handmade Thirteenth Hour throwing card kit! Available on ebay here!
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s instagram pages: @the13thhr firstname.lastname@example.org for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art, 80s music, movies, and pictures or songs from The Thirteenth Hour books.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!