Episode #88: Storytime Reading of The Lord’s Daughter and the Blacksmith’s Son
In honor of International Women’s Day (3/8/17), a few weeks ago, we read some stories about heroines from a book called The Serpent Slayer And Other Stories of Strong Women by Katrin Tchana and illustrated by Trina Schart Hyman. (See Episodes 84 and 85). Today’s tale from the same volume has more of a humorous spin about two teenagers who fall in love at first sight and rely on the wee folk to make things right. It reminds me of something Disney would have put out in the mid 90s (for better or worse). As usual, the illustrations are wonderful:
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s instagram pages: @the13thhr email@example.com for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art, 80s music, movies, and pictures or songs from The Thirteenth Hour books.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!