Episode #134: Making Thirteenth Hour Figures Part 4 – Adding the Hair
Four weeks ago, I discussed a project to start making little figurines for characters from TheThirteenth Hour books. So today, it’s all about the hair! (Listen to parts 1, 2, and 3)
Here is what I hope it will all look like:
And here are a few people and characters from which I received inspiration – for Logan’s hair, that is (as well as some aspects of his personality):
Rick Hunter from Robotech
Sean Patrick Flannery’s take on Young Indiana Jones
I think they based his haircut on River Phoenix’s mop of hair from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
Bill Campbell as The Rocketeer
… which, of course, was based on the comic Dave Stevens drew (pictured below, since he used himself for a lot of the modeling for his hero, Cliff Secord – probably part wish fulfillment and part frugality/convenience).
All these guys had similar unruly mops of hair that inspired Logan the illustration, so Logan the figurine obviously needed to follow suit:
Here’s where I started
Starting the hair transplant!
Still a few minor details to go, but Logan’s almost done!
Between Two Worlds, the synth EP follow up to Long Ago Not So Far Away is now out for streaming on Bandcamp.
The bonus track, called “Flight of the Cloudrider” has a 80s movie mashup music video (see if you can identify all the movies!) which is available on youtube. This app was largely created with the iphone app Auxy.
Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s Instagram pages: @the13thhr for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art and and @the13thhr.ost for more 80s music, movies, and songs from The Thirteenth Hour books and soundtrack.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
4 thoughts on “The Thirteenth Hour Podcast #134: Making Thirteenth Hour Figures Part 4 – Adding the Hair”