Episode #135: Making Thirteenth Hour Figures Part 5 – Molding/Casting Attempt 1 and the Case of the Almost Assassination 1
Here is what I hope it will all look like:
Today, I was making a mold of Logan’s hoverboard (since seemed like a simple shape) as well as a practice figure (which was an approximation of the Logan figurine itself).
I was using this mold making starter kit:
Here were the objects, hot glued to the bottom of some paper cups, ready and prepped for pouring on the liquid rubber. Instead of the Logan figure, I’m using a stand in for a practice run.
The mold after curing seen from below:
Believe it or not, all this rubber peeled right off.
Getting ready to mix and pour the resin …
As you can see, the result were mixed. Lightning turned out better than expected, and the little figure of the Flash lost some limbs.
Over the next week, I’ll continue to practice. Probably will need a different type of mold for Logan. Stay tuned!
Until then, check out this little adventure my brother and I have started – an online D and D adventure (done through the site Roll20) set in the world of The Thirteenth Hour, set a few years after the book of the same name. My brother wrote the story, is serving as the game master, and is playing one of the main characters. Click on the picture below to watch the first session on YouTube:
The two main characters, Lester and Claudia, in Hero Forge miniature style, also done by Jeremy:
Between Two Worlds, the synth EP follow up to Long Ago Not So Far Away is now out for streaming on Bandcamp.
The bonus track, called “Flight of the Cloudrider” has a 80s movie mashup music video (see if you can identify all the movies!) which is available on youtube. This app was largely created with the iphone app Auxy.
Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s Instagram pages: @the13thhr for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art and and @the13thhr.ost for more 80s music, movies, and songs from The Thirteenth Hour books and soundtrack.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!