Episode #178: Reworking An Old Track – “There Is Magic Inside” Take 2, Part 2
This week, we’re continuing work on an old track from episode 115 that I never really finished that we returned to last week. Entitled “There is Magic Inside,” it is supposed to be quiet yet hopeful, building in complexity as it progresses to reflect Aurora’s growing appreciation and understanding of magic in one of The Thirteenth Hour sequels. Today, we add a synth lead. I ended up shelving the guitar part I had originally.
If you haven’t checked out “Arcade Days,” the song and video Jeff Finley, Brent Simon, and I have been working on the past year, click on the link below to do so!
Lastly, the podcast is now on Spotify! Check it out.
Between Two Worlds, the synth EP follow up to Long Ago Not So Far Away is now out for streaming on Bandcamp.
The bonus track, called “Flight of the Cloudrider” has a 80s movie mashup music video (see if you can identify all the movies!) which is available on youtube. This app was largely created with the iphone app Auxy.
Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Have this podcast conveniently delivered to you each week on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, Tunein, and Googleplay Music.
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s Instagram pages: @the13thhr for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art and and @the13thhr.ost for more 80s music, movies, and songs from The Thirteenth Hour books and soundtrack.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!