Episode #226: Reading the Novelization of the 1986 Film, Spacecamp, Part 1
This week, I’m taking a break from song writing to read from a book I haven’t looked at in years – one of the two novelizations I own of the movie Spacecamp, one of my favorite movies as a kid. This one is aimed at slightly older readers and is written by Joe Claro – every now and then, you can find one used on eBay or Amazon. I’m curious to see how the novelization fares after a few decades. The last time I rewatched the film, I still remember quite liking it (posted my reflections here back on episode 154). It’s interesting, nonetheless, to think how the film might have done had it come out a few years earlier (or maybe a few years later), since regardless of the ’86 Challenger explosion, it inspired a whole generation of kids who saw it and became interested in science, aviation, and/or space exploration. To be con’t next week!
There are now Thirteenth Hour toys! If you’d like to pick up one of these glow in the dark figures for yourself, feel free to email me or go to the Etsy store I set up (https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThirteenthHourStudio) and get them there.
If you haven’t checked out “Arcade Days,” the song and video Jeff Finley, Brent Simon, and I finished last winter, click on the link below to do so!
Empty Hands, the synth EP soundtrack to the novella, Empty Hands, is now out for streaming on Bandcamp.
Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Like what you see or hear? Consider supporting the show over at my virtual tip jar over at Ko-fi.
- Have this podcast conveniently delivered to you each week on Spotify, iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, Tunein, and Googleplay Music.
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s Instagram pages: @the13thhr for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art and and @the13thhr.ost for more 80s music, movies, and songs from The Thirteenth Hour books and soundtrack.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!