Episode #230: 2020 Goals and Making of the Rocketeer Minifigure Part 1
Happy new year, everyone! During this episode, I reflect a little on what happened in 2019 and what I’d like to do in the coming year:
- con’t working on The Thirteenth Hour sequel draft
- finish painting the Aurora and Lightning resin minifigures
- continue collaborating with a number of fellow podcasters whose work I’ve enjoyed (more below)
- publish a second Thirteenth Hour soundtrack to compliment Long Ago Not So Far Away (a few more tracks to go)
- continue the D and D campaign my brother and I were doing
- and finish this belated Xmas present for my daughter, a little resin Rocketeer figure (she got interested in the original Rocketeer after watching the animated series that launched this past November – most of the episode is actually spent discussing how that came to be so I’ll just put some pictures here of the progress to date):
At some point, I will make a little video showing the creation of the figure as well as making the mold as well as the casting process – parts I had the most questions on when I was just learning how to make resin figurines.
I wanted to give a shout out to some fellow creative folks out there who work I’m glad to have found in the past year! In some cases, I had the pleasure of working with them this past year, in some cases not yet. The hardest part of podcasting is meshing schedules, so collaborations are always tricky to arrange, so I’m grateful to whatever we’ve been able to do (or will do in this upcoming year). I mentioned most of these folks on the show but not all – more to come in 2020!
- The Whistlekick martial arts podcast (look for our previous collaborations on the 36 Chambers of Shaolin and Ong Bak)
- The Classic Gamers Guild podcast (all about classic 80s and 90s computer games, introduced to me by my brother)
- The Rocketeer Minute podcast (hours and hours of info on the Rocketeer, loving done minute by minute – found it by accident sometime in October and binge listened to all the episodes in about 2 months)
- You Like Toys podcast, done by Adam over at @mom_gave_them_away and @actoydesign on Instagram (check out our last collaboration here)
Happy new year and best wishes in all your creative pursuits in 2020!
There are now Thirteenth Hour toys! If you’d like to pick up one of these glow in the dark figures for yourself, feel free to email me or go to the Etsy store I set up (https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThirteenthHourStudio) and get them there.
If you haven’t checked out “Arcade Days,” the song and video Jeff Finley, Brent Simon, and I finished one year ago, click on the link below to do so!
You can find more pictures and preview clips of “Arcade Days” on IG as well as this podcast’s FB page.
Empty Hands, the synth EP soundtrack to the novella, Empty Hands, is now out for streaming on Bandcamp.
Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Like what you see or hear? Consider supporting the show over at my virtual tip jar over at Ko-fi.
- Have this podcast conveniently delivered to you each week on Spotify, iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, Tunein, and Googleplay Music.
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s Instagram pages: @the13thhr for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art and and @the13thhr.ost for more 80s music, movies, and songs from The Thirteenth Hour books and soundtrack.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!
One thought on “The Thirteenth Hour Podcast #230: 2020 Goals and Making of the Rocketeer Minifigure Part 1”