Episode #238: Collaboration with Jeremy Lesniak from Whistlekick – Benny the Jet vs. Jackie Chan Part 2 from “Dragons Forever” (1988)
This week, we have another special episode! Jeremy from the martial arts site and biweekly podcast, Whistlekick, and I are watching a fight scene from the movie Dragons Forever and commenting on it. (You can listen to the same episode with a slightly different intro and outro on Whistlekick as well – coming on 3/5). If you didn’t catch our earlier collaboration from the 1984 Jackie Chan – Benny Urquidez film, Wheels on Meals, you can listen to that here.
As before, we are watching it half speed, which you can do on Youtube along with us by picking the playback speed (click on the gear in the lower right hand corner of the Youtube video window). Here’s the clip:
I was able to find the Black Belt magazine article I referenced in the film, though it doesn’t talk about either of these fight scenes; I must have gotten that from somewhere else. It is, however, an interview with Benny about his fights to date (this was from 12/1985), so a few years before this movie was shot. You can read it below:
There are now Thirteenth Hour toys! If you’d like to pick up one of these glow in the dark figures for yourself, feel free to email me or go to the Etsy store I set up (https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThirteenthHourStudio) and get them there.
If you haven’t checked out “Arcade Days,” the song and video Jeff Finley, Brent Simon, and I finished one year ago, click on the link below to do so!
Empty Hands, the synth EP soundtrack to the novella, Empty Hands, is now out for streaming on Bandcamp.
Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Like what you see or hear? Consider supporting the show over at my virtual tip jar over at Ko-fi.
- Have this podcast conveniently delivered to you each week on Spotify, iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, Tunein, and Googleplay Music.
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s Instagram pages: @the13thhr for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art and and @the13thhr.ost for more 80s music, movies, and songs from The Thirteenth Hour books and soundtrack.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!