Episode #273: Halloween Episode Part 2: 80s Food and The Lost Boys 2
To start, I invite you to take a culinary journey and experience Steakumms. I’d actually never heard of Steakumms prior to seeing the following video (featuring both guests today, I should add):
Check out last week’s episode for more details on the 80s foods we brought for show and, if you’re a Patreon member, the second exclusive podcast episode, which has a guest appearance by Tibetan medical practitioner Ezdean Fassassi (a guest on episode 214) doing a meal critique of a Steakumms meal (listen to a preview below).
Alright! More on The Lost Boys …
Some great art here. There’s a whole Chinese food segment we do based on the scene below …
The whole noodle / worm idea has its issues (as I discuss in the intro), but it’s clearly made its impact. You can find all kinds of imagery around (again, for those of Asian descent who grew up in the US having people say their lunch smelled or looked like worms, it takes on different significance), but I think it was meant as an innocent enough scene.
The deleted scenes get referenced a few times in the podcast. Here are some I found on youtube:
If you look around youtube, you can find elements of the soundtrack and score of the film. Here’s a great example:
Check out the podcast I Used to Like This One for more Halloween episodes, including The Monster Squad, and their own on the rewatching of The Lost Boys. Check them out on Patreon to help support their work!
And thanks to Adam and Joe this two part episode! Look for an extended feature with both gentlemen in the third Patreon exclusive podcast coming this week.
There are now Thirteenth Hour toys! If you’d like to pick up one of these glow in the dark figures for yourself, feel free to email me or go to the Etsy store I set up (https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThirteenthHourStudio) and get them there.
If the past few months have got you needing a break, you may want to chill out to this 80s synth throwback track for a upcoming LP with the accompanying music video:
Empty Hands, the synth EP soundtrack to the novella, Empty Hands, is now out for streaming on Bandcamp.
Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Like what you see or hear? Consider supporting the show over at Thirteenth Hour Arts on Patreon or adding to my virtual tip jar over at Ko-fi.
- Join the Thirteenth Hour Arts Group over on Facebook, a growing community of creative people.
- Have this podcast conveniently delivered to you each week on Spotify, iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, Tunein, and Googleplay Music.
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s Instagram pages: @the13thhr for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art and and @the13thhr.ost for more 80s music, movies, and songs from The Thirteenth Hour books and soundtrack.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!