The Thirteenth Hour Podcast #102: Con’t Conversation with Author, Musician, and Filmmaker Jeff Finley Part 2/2
Jeff Finley is back this week to pick up where we left off. If you happened to miss last week’s show, find episode 101 here.
Today, we talk about a lot of fun things – e.g. travelling in a new country and discovering not only new cultures, foods, and languages but aspects of yourself that come from putting yourself outside your comfort zone. Travel naturally does this, as we’ve talked about before, fine tuning your senses and kicking you out of whatever routine day-to-day stuff you have going on. There definitely comes a point when that gets to be too much of a good thing (as Jeff discusses here and on his blog), but like a spice, sprinkled here and there, it can do wonders for keeping things interesting in your life.
We also get to learn more about Jeff’s long career as a music producer (see below) as well as how he got into bboying. It’s so rare that I find someone with as many diverse interests that it was such a pleasure to discuss these aspects of creative life with Jeff.
Click on the covers of Jeff’s below to find a copy of your own.
Social Media Links:
- Amazon author page
- Soundcloud (as Starbound Renegade)
- Spotify: Starbound Renegade songs are in a convenient playlist. Help support Jeff by listening.
- Here is also his latest single, Dance of Shadows (see title art above)
Just for podcast listeners! Get early access to a new upcoming EP, called Between Two Worlds, the sequel to Long Ago Not So Far Away. Go here to download the album:
The album will be available for one month (until 8/10/17). The access code is on episode 100 at ~31:30.
Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s Instagram pages: @the13thhr for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art and and @the13thhr.ost for more 80s music, movies, and songs from The Thirteenth Hour books and soundtrack.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!