Episode #214: A Conversation with Author and Tibetan Medical Practitioner, EzDean Fassassi
This week, I have the pleasure of speaking with a friend and classmate, EzDean Fassassi, who has a great story about how he came to be where he is now, an author and an owner of a Tibetan medical practice. We had a great conversation about fad diets, parenting, how he got interested in and studied the esoteric art he now practices for a living (taking him halfway around the world and consuming multiple years of his life) as well as how he wrote the book below. And if you ever thought about making your own audiobook, like he did, keep listening for his thoughts in the latter part of the episode.
Check out a few clips below of EzDean discussing some things he discusses in his practice:
By the way, if you were curious about the Tibetan language book EzDean wrote, you can find it here.
If you’d like to get a Cliffs’ Notes version of some Tibetan health tips, check out a few high yield tips on his website as well as his Instagram profile for a range of examples of how to pair Western foods together in a healthy way for color, nutrition, and taste. If you have a question sparked by this podcast, you can get in touch with him here: (https://holistichealth.consulting/#section-contact).
In the meantime, this page formerly had what I affectionately dubbed a “starving artist” section on little side hustles you could do (mostly on the internet, often with a phone) to make a few bucks here and there, often in gift cards. Well, now you can listen to this show (as well as other podcasts) and get paid to do so! Check out https://www.podcoin.com/ to listen to the show and start earning points that you can redeem for gift cards (Amazon, Target, Starbucks, etc) or donations to a number of charities. Use the code “Thirteen” when you sign up to get 300 extra points. The Thirteen Hour Podcast is now on BONUS this week, so you can earn more than normal (1.5x).
Speaking of music, if you haven’t checked out “Arcade Days,” the song and video Jeff Finley, Brent Simon, and I have been working on the past year, click on the link below to do so!
Between Two Worlds, the synth EP follow up to Long Ago Not So Far Away is now out for streaming on Bandcamp.
The bonus track, called “Flight of the Cloudrider” has a 80s movie mashup music video (see if you can identify all the movies!) which is available on youtube. This app was largely created with the iphone app Auxy.
Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Have this podcast conveniently delivered to you each week on Spotify, iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, Tunein, and Googleplay Music.
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s Instagram pages: @the13thhr for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art and and @the13thhr.ost for more 80s music, movies, and songs from The Thirteenth Hour books and soundtrack.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!