Episode #54: Reading of The Thirteenth Hour Epilogue Short Story, “Falling leaves Don’t Weep”
This week, I’m reading the short story “Falling Leaves Don’t Weep,” the stand-alone short story epilogue to The Thirteenth Hour. It’s a short tale about how one night of insomnia leads to a surprising amount of insight for an elderly monarch (actually King Darian IV from the novel as a much older and wiser man who is looking back on his younger days with a mixture of regret and embarrassment). I figured Darian needed an epilogue since we never really found out what happened to him in the story.
I can’t say for sure, but when I rereading this story, I was reminded of the story The Fall of Freddie the Leaf, a book my mother used to read to me as a child, and am guessing it was an influencing factor in the creation of this story.
As an aside, I’m in the process of trying to transition old episodes of this podcast (episode #53 and prior) to a new host. This is the first one on the new host. There should be no change for you, the listener, either accessing new episodes directly here or via iTunes. But after 8/31, there may be some issues accessing old episodes of I’m not done updating the old links. But in that case, it should be resolved in a few weeks.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast and a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s instagram pages: @the13thhr and @the13thhr.ost for your daily weekday dose of ninjas, martial arts bits, archery, flips, breakdancing action figures, fantasy art, 80s music, movies, and occasional pictures or songs from The Thirteenth Hour books.
- Free online streaming of the growing Thirteenth Hour soundtrack: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!