Episode #237: Adam from ACToyDesign Returns to Talk About the Terminator Films Part 2: Salvation, Genisys
This week wraps up the second of our two part series reflecting on the rest of the Terminator films, the first being episode 160 with Adam from ACToyDesign and the IG account @mom_gave_them_away, who coincidentally returns to discuss the rest of the films.
We had a little side conversation about character actors (sparked by the presence of Michael Ironsides in Terminator 4). Character actor Tim Thomerson was in both these classic films (both written by Rocketeer writers Paul De Meo and Danny Bilson)
We also referenced the Blade Runner films when discussing the Terminator who doesn’t know he’s a hybrid human / hybrid Terminator in Terminator: Salvation – check out episode 200 of the show for a retrospective of both Blade Runner films.
After watching all these films (I watched them in order), are you confused? There are some good articles and videos out there that explain the timeline(s). Check out this one that explains 3 parallel time lines of sorts.
By the way, the ending that I recalled in Terminator 2 where Sarah Connor is sitting by a park watching her now adult son playing with his daughter in a playground turned out to be an alternate ending, as Adams suspected. You can watch it here:
Obviously, had this been part of the original T2 theatrical release, it would have messed up the timeline even more!
Check out ACToyDesign on Patreon.
If you enjoy Star Wars, check out his new show, I Have Spoken!
There are now Thirteenth Hour toys! If you’d like to pick up one of these glow in the dark figures for yourself, feel free to email me or go to the Etsy store I set up (https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThirteenthHourStudio) and get them there.
If you haven’t checked out “Arcade Days,” the song and video Jeff Finley, Brent Simon, and I finished one year ago, click on the link below to do so!
You can find more pictures and preview clips of “Arcade Days” on IG as well as this podcast’s FB page.
Empty Hands, the synth EP soundtrack to the novella, Empty Hands, is now out for streaming on Bandcamp.
Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Like what you see or hear? Consider supporting the show over at my virtual tip jar over at Ko-fi.
- Have this podcast conveniently delivered to you each week on Spotify, iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, Tunein, and Googleplay Music.
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s Instagram pages: @the13thhr for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art and and @the13thhr.ost for more 80s music, movies, and songs from The Thirteenth Hour books and soundtrack.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!