Episode #175: Musical Interlude – The Thirteenth Hour Theme in Piano Part 3
Way back in episode 130, I took one part of the main Thirteenth Hour theme and created a short electric guitar part to accompany an introspective part of the book, and two weeks ago, I took the first verse of the theme and made it a slow guitar part. The last 2 weeks (eps 173 and 174), I slowed down the tempo and eliminated notes to get at what we have this week. These two IG posts show a little of the progression:
View this post on Instagram
Part of an instrumental fill on the keyboards – this week, I’m take The Thirteenth Hour Theme and turning it into a soft keyboard introspective piece. Will be finishing over the next episode or so. I think I may slow it down a bit further and change the tempo in some parts but just synth strings to fill in the gaps. The Facebook show page has more of this clip, and check out the show notes for more and to listen to the whole episode of The Thirteenth Hour (#173) directly. It’s also available on iTunes, Stitcher, Googleplay, and Tunein, all now easily accessible by clicking on the linktree bio in @the13thhr.ost. You can listen to the recording of the actual play though on YouTube (link in the show notes). . . . . . #podcast #podcastersofinstagram #creativeprocess #synth #newwave #indie #keyboard #songwriting #songwriting #soundtrack #songwritersofinstagram #musiciansofinstagram #keyboard #authorsofinstagram #author #synthesizer #musicproduction #musicproducer #soundtrack #writersofinstagram @applepodcasts @itunespodcasts @stitcherpodcasts @tunein @googleplaymusic 🎤
View this post on Instagram
After a lot of fiddling trial and error, I think I have the right tempo and note combinations I was hoping for in this slow, introspective keyboard reworking of The Thirteenth Hour theme for, well, slow, introspective parts of future books. More on the next show and in this past Monday’s show (174). . . . . #podcast #podcastersofinstagram #creativeprocess #synth #newwave #indie #keyboard #songwriting #songwriting #soundtrack #songwritersofinstagram #musiciansofinstagram #keyboard #authorsofinstagram #author #synthesizer #musicproduction #musicproducer #soundtrack #writersofinstagram @applepodcasts @itunespodcasts @stitcherpodcasts @tunein @googleplaymusic 🎤
I imagined this track will eventually fit a contemplative scene in one of The Thirteenth Hour stories, especially an upcoming short storycalled “Empty Hands” set during the time of The Thirteenth Hour, so much so that that’s what I’m going to call this track. You can see little clips of past iterations on the soundtrack IG page as well as this podcast’s FB page.
Between Two Worlds, the synth EP follow up to Long Ago Not So Far Away is now out for streaming on Bandcamp.
The bonus track, called “Flight of the Cloudrider” has a 80s movie mashup music video (see if you can identify all the movies!) which is available on youtube. This app was largely created with the iphone app Auxy.
Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Have this podcast conveniently delivered to you each week on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, Tunein, and Googleplay Music.
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s Instagram pages: @the13thhr for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art and and @the13thhr.ost for more 80s music, movies, and songs from The Thirteenth Hour books and soundtrack.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!