Episode #98: The Thirteenth Hour Sequel Updates – Fanciful Fantasy Vehicles and Zork Choose Your Own Adventure Style Reading
In today’s show, I’m talking about some previews coming from a draft I’m working on for the sequel(s) to The Thirteenth Hour, some of which takes place in a technologically advanced world with strange aspects of future life, like fanciful ways to get around.
A vapor rider is basically a magic powered boat with hydrofoils that allows it to skim across the surface of the water.
A cloud rider is magic powered flying wing to skim above the clouds.
You can see both vapor riders and cloud riders in the title graphic above.
Over the next few months, we’ll occasionally be reading from these old Zork stories, which essentially function as Choose Your Own Adventure style game books. Just like that series, there are decision points requiring you to go to different points in the book and black and white inked illustrations for many of the pages. I think these books are long out of print, but click on the image of the book below to see if you can find a used copy of your own.
The synthesizer music in between the sequel updates and the Zork reading is courtesy of Brent Simon, an internet sensation from the mid 2000s (yes, his music clips from his old MySpace age still miraculously work). You’ll hear more about him in a few weeks. Jeff Finley, who made a documentary about his friend that made it big a number of years ago, will be coming on the show in a few weeks!
Speaking of music, episode 100 will have more details about an upcoming EP, the sequel to Long Ago Not So Far Away. Podcast listeners get first dibs! Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs. Check it out!
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s instagram pages: @the13thhr and @the13thhr.ost for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art, 80s music, movies, and pictures or songs from The Thirteenth Hour books.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!