Episode #87: Dark Fantasy Author Joshua Robertson Returns
Today, Joshua Robertson, whose work has been featured a number of times here, comes back on the show to catch up and talk about exciting new developments. He was last on the show on Episode #32 over a year ago, so a lot has happened since then! His fan base has grown considerably, and he’s made the leap to being a full time author.
This year, he completed this trilogy of novels:
The last volume of the series, Maharia, just came out. Click on the picture of the book below to read a preview! Stay tuned in the near future as this series is becoming an audiobook trilogy.
He will also be a regular contributor to the fantasy site Fantasy Faction with a column on writing, cover design, and many other tips for aspiring and current authors. (By the way, he recommends the book, The Fantasy Fiction Formula, as a great guide for writing in this genre.) As with the last time he came on the show, there are lots of great writing tips for aspiring authors, so check out the episode for a listen. If you are and were a Dungeons and Dragons player at any point, you may also find his take on how D and D has helped his writing.
Here’s how to reach him and find more of his work:
Youtube videolog/podcast – The Writer’s Edge
Youtube Goblin Horde – Josh and his partner have an unbelievable 9 kids together, and they run a Youtube channel about some of the things they do with their can as well as parenting tips
Crimson Edge Facebook Page and Book Club
He just finished up a gig at this year’s Brain to Books Convention, like last year, and will also be at the Soda City Comic Con this summer and Pensacola Comic Con next winter.
Lastly, he has a novelette available for free on Amazon, which you can download to checkout his writing and get a taste of his Thrice Nine Legends fantasy series (click on the cover to go to the page).
It was great having Josh again on the show. Look forward to hearing about the exciting things in store for Josh in the next year.
The ending track, called “Between Two Worlds” was inspired by some of the introspective parts (like this one) from the soundtrack The Crow by Graeme Revell. Watch for it on bandcamp in the next few weeks.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s instagram pages: @the13thhr email@example.com for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art, 80s music, movies, and pictures or songs from The Thirteenth Hour books.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!