Episode #132: Making Thirteenth Hour Figures Part 2 – Adding the Clay
Two weeks ago, I discussed a project to start making little figurines for characters from TheThirteenth Hour books. It continues this week as I add the polymer clay mixture to the wire and foil armature made last week.
Here is what I hope it will all look like:
Here’s where I started this week – mixing this stuff to make self drying clay.
A few views of where I got to this week – first adding the clay …
Then adding some details and smoothing it out …
As you can see, still quite a bit more polish and finishing to do in terms of detail work. Below is one of the heads I made for practice. That’s going to be the really challenging part!
Next week – making the head!
Between Two Worlds, the synth EP follow up to Long Ago Not So Far Away is now out for streaming on Bandcamp.
The bonus track, called “Flight of the Cloudrider” has a 80s movie mashup music video (see if you can identify all the movies!) which is available on youtube. This app was largely created with the iphone app Auxy.
Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s Instagram pages: @the13thhr for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art and and @the13thhr.ost for more 80s music, movies, and songs from The Thirteenth Hour books and soundtrack.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at email@example.com for more details!
6 thoughts on “The Thirteenth Hour Podcast #132: Making Thirteenth Hour Figures Part 2 – Adding the Clay”