Episode #220: An In-Person Conversation with Adam from AC Toy Design / @mom_gave_them_away
For this week, I’m doing the rare in-person podcast with guest host Adam Crohn from AC Toy Design (a.k.a. @mom_gave_them_away on Instagram), who’s been on this show a number of times before (see episodes 144 and 145 plus episodes 159, 160, 161, and 162 on four Arnold Schwarzenegger 80s movies). I happened to be in Chicago for work, so Adam was gracious enough to take time out of his day to show us around the city and record a few shows. On this week’s show, we are discussing the process of our resin casting projects – both of us in the last year or so have created minifigures and spend much of the episode comparing and contrasting our experiences. Lots of great discussion on 80s throwbacks as well as toy design and creation.
See below for some pictures of the figures we made:
Want to get one of Adam’s figures for your own? Check out his store at: https://actoydesign.bigcartel.com
If you’d like to pick up one of these figures for yourself, feel free to email me or go to the Etsy store I set up (https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThirteenthHourStudio) and get them there. The glow in the dark figures are currently done. The painted minifigures will be available shortly.
**A few of the other links we discussed on the show:
-Death by Toys (custom Kenner style action figures): http://www.deathbytoys.com/
-Support Adam on Patreon and get exclusive tips, media, and figures: https://www.patreon.com/adamcrohn
-Check our Adam’s Youtube channel for a tutorial on resin casting your own figure: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4IVGqEbVnAKLrVQXcSgnFA
-Gallery of some of Adam’s custom figures: https://www.artstation.com/adamcrohn
-Adam’s other Instagram accounts:
–>custom figures: https://www.instagram.com/actoydesign/
–>You Like Toys Podcast: https://www.instagram.com/youliketoyspodcast/
—–>listen time the podcast on Anchor: https://anchor.fm/adamcrohn
—–>listen to the podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/3W1GcWGS74a8K3ssbL3ECM
If you haven’t checked out “Arcade Days,” the song and video Jeff Finley, Brent Simon, and I finished last winter, click on the link below to do so!
Empty Hands, the synth EP soundtrack to the novella, Empty Hands, is now out for streaming on Bandcamp.
Stay tuned. Follow along on Spotify! There is also a growing extended Thirteenth Hour playlist on Spotify with a growing number of retro 80s songs.
As always, thanks for listening!
- Signup for the mailing list for a free special edition podcast, a demo copy of The Thirteenth Hour, and access to retro 80s soundtrack!
- Like what you see or hear? Consider supporting the show over at my virtual tip jar over at Ko-fi.
- Have this podcast conveniently delivered to you each week on Spotify, iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, Tunein, and Googleplay Music.
- Follow The Thirteenth Hour’s Instagram pages: @the13thhr for your random postings on ninjas, martial arts, archery, flips, breakdancing, fantasy art and and @the13thhr.ost for more 80s music, movies, and songs from The Thirteenth Hour books and soundtrack.
- Listen to Long Ago Not So Far Away, the Thirteenth Hour soundtrack online at: https://joshuablum.bandcamp.com/ or Spotify. Join the mailing list for a digital free copy. You can also get it on CD or tape.
- Website: https://13thhr.wordpress.com
- Book trailer: http://bit.ly/1VhJhXY
- Interested in reading and reviewing The Thirteenth Hour for a free book? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!